Karen is passionate about developing potential. She spent over 30 years in senior leadership positions, delivering exceptional results. These outcomes were achieved by her leading diverse global marketing, communication and business development teams. Having spent so much time motivating teams and influencing her boards and peers to build high-performing organisations with winning, she now enjoys consulting, where she employs her drive and experience to support others to achieve their full potential.
Karen is highly solutions focussed and will always help her clients ‘find a way’ by providing a supporting environment that enables leaders, teams and organisations to find their way and achieve exceptional results. Karen’s philosophy is to impart as much of her skill and expertise to her clients as possible so that they continue to grow and develop as they work with her. Common feedback for Karen is that clients have enjoyed working with her and then wonder quite how they got to where they are – such is her integrated and supportive style. She always looks to deliver bottom line value and through her work and empowers individuals and teams to have sustainable growth. Karen prides herself on her tenacity and empathy and works with clients to deliver what is needed and to keep the momentum going with her energy and commitment to them.
Karen is on the board of a non for profit organisation that empowers many charities to support the most vulnerable in society through attracting and supporting volunteers. She is also a mentor with the Aspire foundation and works with EU to fast track growth of exciting high tech start ups.
Karen Karen has an extensive background in senior-level roles and consulting across various organisations. Her experience spans renowned entities such as IBM, Symantec, Price Waterhouse Coopers, Noggin, Masternaut, Mastercard, NHS, and numerous others. Beyond individual coaching, she has actively contributed to designing and implementing programs to enhance leadership capabilities and bolster confidence among senior managers and high-potential employees. Karen excels in providing group coaching sessions focused on leveraging mindfulness for tangible business impact and fostering improved interpersonal dynamics. Additionally, Karen collaborates with organisations to apply psychology strategically, providing a competitive edge in sales, services, and influential communication.
Certification and Techniques
- Psychometric and leadership tools including MBTI Step I and Step II, FIRO-B, The Human Element, TKI Conflict Management and 16pf.
- Applied Psychology as master practitioner and certified trainer of Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Studied and worked with Stanford University around change management for mergers and acquisitions.
- Specialised certifications in Research Techniques, Sales Enablement and Media Relations
Focus Areas for Executive Development
- ‘Leadership on purpose’ Owning your leadership impact on stakeholders – within and outside of an organisation.
- Managing though change to ensure maximum value and minimum disruption – growing leaders and teams throughout.
- Intensive strengths and development feedback and coaching including 360 tools to build a mindset that drives impactful leadership behaviours.
- Personal coaching in influencing and leadership impact.
- Personal feedback to develop awareness of self and others – including shadowing and ‘mystery shopping’
- Planning for successful teams including team profiling, recruitment support, succession planning and developing individuals and teams.
- Moderation and conflict management to move through conflict to successful outcomes – often offering learning and developing through the process.
- Facilitation for transformational meetings
- Inspirational Speaker for large or small gatherings – tailored talks that entertain, educate and spark change
- Design and execution of game changing programs to increase effectiveness of teams, leaders and organisations